Aitana Allen-Perez (2022)
- In high school, Aitana became intrigued by her school’s 4-year Honors Biomedical Sciences Course and joined a competitive biotechnology program at Miramar College. She received two Honors Biotechnology certificates along with her diploma.
- Her current major is in Physiological Sciences at the University of California Los Angeles (UCLA). She is open to any clinical career, such as a medical practitioner or even specialized careers involving oncology or genetics; she seeks to alleviate pain and find solutions for impairments in the human body through science.
- As a caregiver to her severely autistic older brother and a dance partner to children with spina bifida, she has become intrigued by inclusivity and biological peculiarities and has grown to aid marginalized communities like the homeless, sick children, hospice members, and underrepresented COVID-19 workers through companionship and fundraisers. Her community service efforts are what sparked her interest in science and desire to assist others.
Adriana Martinez (2022)
- Attending Cypress College Nursing Program with a 3.81 GPA and works as a Certified Nurse Assistant at a children's hospital in Orange County, CA where she cares for children with congenital disabilities and acquired disabilities.
- Adriana plans to obtain her Bachelors degree at Cal State Fullerton where she is currently enrolled in a bridge program and would love to continue to take care of these children as a Registered Nurse.
- Her motivation to pursue her educational and professional goals is her son who was born with a congenital heart defect that caused slow developmental delays due to a lack of oxygen to his brain.
Millie Medina (2022)
- Millie graduated from Pioneer High School in 2013 and earned her Bachelors degree in Childhood Development at California State University, Chico in 2019.
- She has experience as a lifeguard, swim instructor, paraprofessional, and a preschool teacher.
- Currently a student at Stanbridge University working towards Occupational Therapy Assistant certification. She is passionate about helping people and cannot wait to continue this through her future career.
Eve Opeyany (2022)
- Graduated from Clayton Valley Charter High School in 2022 where she participated on the school soccer team and volunteered at a local hospital and library.
- Experience working with the elderly at nursing homes as a Certified Nursing Assistant where she advocates for the healthcare needs of her residents.
- Pursuing her undergraduate education with a major in Psychobiology at the University of California Los Angeles (UCLA), she desires a career in the medical field as a doctor aiming to provide the best possible care to patients.
Michelle Montiel (2022)
- Graduated from American River College with an Associates degree in Social Sciences in December 2021. Experienced in special education, college and career readiness, self-advocacy and employability skills.
- Studying Career and Technical Studies at California State University, Sacramento (CSUS). Currently employed in Adult Education assisting students in their pursuit of High School completion and Career and Technical Education.
- Plans to obtain a Masters degree in School Counseling and help students with learning disabilities navigate their academic and careers goals to promote self-advocacy.
Ashley Korbonski (2022)
- Ashley attended Dana Hills High School where she participated in Volleyball, Basketball, Student Government and other extracurricular activities until she graduated in 2022. She has volunteered for several organizations supporting children with special needs such as Wee Thrive, South Shores Church, Happiness Project and others.
- She is a first-year undergraduate student at California State University, Fullerton pursuing a degree in Communication Disorders. She also currently works part-time as a Youth Developer for the Boys & Girls Club of America.
- Ashley is very active in bringing awareness for the condition Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS) and she wants to become a speech pathologist and eventually open her own practice.
Paige Madison White (2022)
- Paige completed her undergraduate education at Sacramento State University and is currently a graduate student in Sacramento State University's Communication Sciences and Disorders program.
- She is passionate about serving the community of Sacramento and positively impacting the lives of others. Paige has an extensive history of volunteerism, supporting organizations such as 916 Ink! and the Scottish Rite Childhood Language Center.
- Paige’s goal is to work as a Speech-Language Pathologist in early intervention or the medical setting. In her free time, she loves to travel, cook, and enjoy meals with her loved ones, and go on runs with her dog, Lola.
Manasi Surve (2021)
- Graduated from San Mateo High School in 2020 where she served as the Captain of her school’s Mock Trial and the President of the Model United Nations team. Participated on the badminton team and volunteered in local events in her community on the Youth Activity Council.
- Pursuing undergraduate education in Sociology at the University of California, Santa Barbara Manasi, works with individuals with disabilities through the Best Buddies program as well as in her college community.
- Plans to attend law school and enter a legal career path. She enjoys knitting and crocheting in her spare time.
Ronald Pan (2020)
- Ronald attended the University of California Los Angeles for his undergraduate education.
- Pursuing a Master of Science degree at Azusa Pacific University.
- On his way to becoming a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner, and subsequently earning a doctorate in nursing.
Meghan Harris (2019)
- Graduated from Rio Americano High School in 2017.
- Studying to become a Nurse at American River College.
- Experience in customer service and child education as a swim instructor.
Mark Marsenovic (2018)
- Graduated from Jesuit High School in 2016.
- Studying Political Science at the University of Southern California (Class of 2020).
- Experienced in the field of fitness, construction, customer service, and as an Investigative Assistant for the Sacramento County District Attorney’s Office.
Delilah Martin (2018)
- Graduated from Everett Alvarez High School in 2015.
- Studying Sociology at Sacramento State University.
- Experienced in customer service and childcare, and volunteered for The Ronald McDonald House, local women’s shelters, food banks, and home healthcare facilities.
Jasmine Peña (2017)
- Graduated from West Campus High School in 2014.
- Experience as a Spanish interpreter for the Sacramento County Office of Education
- Has volunteered in the past for organizations such as Fiesta Educativa, Project R.I.D.E., and the Fresno State Equine Unit